Fedora Core 3 - upgrade notes

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 10 21:53:53 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Aly Dharshi wrote:

> I would say the Fedora Core series. RedHat 9.0 wasn't considered bleeding
> edge. Distro's like debian are less bleeding edge. But for a bleeding edge
> system, the application base is fairly stable in my opinion. You get the
> latest and greatest.

I would say:
-  rawhide is bleeding-edge, but fedora would be rough-edges

And the equivalnets I have bettween fedora & debinan are:

rawhide     - debian unstable
fedora      - debian testing (without the relese snapshots which is fedora)
RHEL/CentOS - debian stable.

And debian is a bit slower coming up with releases.

> Many folks don't read the Release Notes, these are very important to read. You
> will see someone post a message asking how VMWare will run under FC3 when the
> release notes have it plain and clear instructions. Likewise for the ssh
> changes for X forwarding.

true..

Satish