Update from FC2 to FC3

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Nov 10 23:44:18 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 10.11.2004 schrieb hart um 23:01:

> Hi, What packages do I have to download manually to upgrade my FC2 to be
> FC3 ?
> I don't do up2date automatically.

> hart

I understand your question a bit different than Colin. To upgrade using
up2date just adjust the sources file to point to FC3 mirror
repositories. Then have much patience... (All other warnings and
preparations already posted here the last days are to respect too of
course, i.e. running up2date with --nox and not while X is running.)
If you ask me, I would suggest you wait a bit with this procedure
because actually the mirrors are hit by many users and the risk the
upgrade process stalls is high.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 00:42:11 up 21 days, 22:21, load average: 0.18, 0.16, 0.17