FC3: possible bug in diskdruid

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 05:36:12 UTC 2004

Hi David,

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:24:14 +0100, David Jansen
<jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
> Last week I encounterd this problem in FC3RC5, and today I saw it again
> in the final FC3 installation. Anyone else experiencing this bug?
>
> David
>
> ----- Forwarded message from David Jansen <jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl> -----
> I just downloaded the current FC3 release candidate and started an
> install on a machine on which I do a lot of testing.
> When choosing to amnually partition the disk, I was presented with a
> list in which the space occupied by hda1 (an ntfs partition) was also
> listed as Free space. I have put a screenshot on
> http://www.strw.leidenuniv.nl/~jansen/temp/diskdruid-bug.png
>
> Ignoring this free space of course left my windows partition alive but I
> think it is potentially dangerous to report this space as free. Is this
> a bug? I am certain FC3test3 and earlier didn't show the space occupied
> by windows to be free.
> I haven't dared to test the automatic partitioning yet, after all, it
> may automatically use this "free" space.
>
> Should I file a bugzilla report about this?
>
> David Jansen

I have a similar disk setup with /dev/hda1 being my ntfs WinXP
partition and did not notice anything like this in the FC3 setup doing
manual partitioning.  If it was there, I don't remember seeing it.
That is quite strange.  You probably ought to file a bug report.  Can
you look at your partitions from the running system and see if you get
anything like that reported?  Thought I'd throw out another data
point.

Jonathan