FC2 and Tesco broadband

Robert Crowther robertc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 21:26:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 21:02:33 +0000 (GMT), Hairysocks
<hairysocks at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Has anyone got Tesco broadband running with FC2 (or similar
> Linux)? I am considering Tesco, but when I go to their web site
> it says it will only work with Windoze. Are they telling the
> truth, or do they just not know if it will work with Linux?

A bit late to this conversation but: almost certainly Tesco are just
reselling a generic ADSL service, it will almost certainly work with
Linux no problem (even AOL can be made to work with Linux these days,
providing you've got a Windoze PC handy to setup the account for the
router initially).  What they're probably covering for is one or both
of the following:

1. They don't know how to support Linux users
2. They don't provide a Linux driver with their free ADSL modem

My advice is to get an ADSL Modem/Router rather than a USB modem and
check out http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

Rob