alternate rsync for fedora.us?

Dale Sykora dalen at czexan.net
Fri Nov 12 00:51:42 UTC 2004

John McBride wrote:
> I guess fedora and fedora.us are merged now, so I ask here.

> The rsync for fedora.us (kernel.org) has been timing out for me (100
> users exceeded) for several days running.
I have noticed the same thing.  I think it is just because FC3 was just
released and many people are trying to get it the fastest way possible.
  Give it a few more days and see if things improve.

> Is there an alternate or anything else i can do?
   You could also try another rsync mirror (see
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraMirrorList).

> Maybe an off-peak cron
> job? Having a central, local yum repository for all the machines I
> support at work has been fantastic until now.
I'm in the same situation (local repository rsynced from kernel.org).  I
intend to wait it out.