Repository Admins: Please index your repositories!

Brad Smith usernamenumber at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 01:31:43 UTC 2004

Those who have visited fedoratracker.org recently will note that there
are currently no FC3 repositories indexed. When previous version of
Fedora Core have been released I went around collecting URLs and
indexed most of the new repositories myself. Nowadays, though, I am
just too busy to do this. So, if you are reading this and you are a
repo admin, please go to

http://www.fedoratracker.org/tracker.py?mode=newRepo

and submit your FC3 repo for indexing once it's ready. I've also
gotten a lot of questions about support for non-i386 architectures.
Support for these is already there in that Tracker doesn't care about
the arch of the packages it indexes. In fact, if you look on the
'advanced' search page you'll find an option for searching by
architecture. If enough non-i386 repos get indexed, I may filter out
everything but i386 by default but then I'd add a more obvious arch
selector to the main search page.

If you know a repo admin who isn't on this list, please forward them
this email*. Tracker is only useful if it has repositories to track,
after all and this time I need the community's help.

Thanks for spreading the word!
--Brad

* of course, technically anyone can submit a repo for indexing but I
would prefer to let the admins write their own descriptions and so
forth