FC3 installed with broken GRUB

Steve Trotman pessimism56 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 02:19:54 UTC 2004

ABIT NF7-S motherboard with one ide drive on primary master as /dev/hda
never had any trouble with other versions of fedora or other distros.
System was dual booting debian sarge and windows 2000 before i blew
away debian to load fedora.  I installed FC3 and although it installed
without error grub simply rebooted the computer briefly after it
flashed "loading stage 2".  I booted into rescue mode off the FC3 DVD
and chrooted into the install and ran grub-install /dev/hda.  Poof
fixed, grub worked fine after i restarted.  Anyone know why it didn't
take first time?  Is this a known issue?