calling LAPACK from C

Fri Nov 12 03:47:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 19:02 -0800, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to call LAPACK from C on FC2 and I was wondering how to use dynamic
> memory allocation here. In other words, I want to use one of these routines
> (written in Fortran) in LAPACK, and I want to be able to set the size of the
> arrays based on the application. How do I allocate memory dynamically in C,
> such that I can pass it on through Fortran functions. An example would be
> really nice.
>
> Sorry this is not really a FC question, but surely this is potentially of
> general interest? Please feel free to send e-mail if you want to take it out of
> this list.
>
> Thanks and best wishes!
> RM

A couple of quick references for you:

http://organic.usc.edu:8376/~shuangwu/LAPACK.html

http://seehuhn.de/comp/linear.html

http://seehuhn.de/comp/matrixfn.html

http://www.nacse.org/demos/lapack/cprog.html

Depending upon what it is you are trying to do, you might want to review
the following sites:

GNU Scientific Library
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/

NIST Guide to Available Mathematical Software
http://gams.nist.gov/

The R Project for Statistical Computing
http://www.r-project.org/

HTH,