FC3 VNC Installation.

Juan Pablo Claude jpclaude at charter.net
Fri Nov 12 03:57:20 UTC 2004

Jeremy:

	Thank you for your reply. I looked at the mail list archive as you
suggested. However, I don't have any problems using VNC between my Mac
and Linux. I actually had found a great description on how to do it
from the O'Reilly book "Mac OS X Panther for Unix Geeks".

	Anyway, my question was really directed at how to run the Fedora
installation using VNC, i.e. before ssh and vncserver are available. I
read somewhere that it was now possible on FC3, but I can't find it
again. Apparently there is a way to set some options as you boot from
the installation CD to enable the VNC server. I guess you can do that
somehow by putting some instruction in the BIOS before rebooting. I am
not sure.

	Thanks again for your help, and thanks to anyone who could help me
further.

Juan-Pablo

On 2004-11-11 16:24:32 -0500, Juan Pablo Claude <jpclaude at charter.net>
said:

> Hello everybody:
> 	Does anyone know how to install FC3 on a headless computer using VNC?
> I normally run my Linux server from my Mac using vncserver and
> "Chicken of the VNC" as an OS X client.
> Thanks.
> Juan-Pablo Claude

Juan,
	I am happy to announce that I have been down this precise road (except
with FC2) so I can (finally!) return something (albeit very little) to
the community that has helped me so much in the past.  While I can't
tell you precisely what to do off the top of my head, check the thread
titled "Enabling VNC" within the last month.

Jeremy Conlin