FC 3 - Grub hangs on stage 2

Kevin Freeman kfreem02 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 05:06:28 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 17:39 -0500, Robert K. Christner wrote:

> I'm sure there is a utility out there that can reorder your partition
> table so it is correct, that way you don't have to just wait for it to
> happen.
>
> I hope this helps,
> Rob

As root, fdisk /dev/hdX.  Enter expert mode (option x), then select
option f, then write changes to disk.

As you noted, be sure to update /etc/grub.conf and /etc/fstab to reflect
the new partition numbers before you reboot.  If you can mount NTFS,
also modify boot.ini on the windows partition so that Recovery Console
is not needed.

Kevin Freeman