calling LAPACK from C

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Nov 12 06:06:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 19:02 -0800, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to call LAPACK from C on FC2 and I was wondering how to use dynamic
> memory allocation here. In other words, I want to use one of these routines
> (written in Fortran) in LAPACK, and I want to be able to set the size of the
> arrays based on the application. How do I allocate memory dynamically in C,
> such that I can pass it on through Fortran functions. An example would be
> really nice.

Hi Globe,

For calls between Fortran and C take a look at:

  http://www-zeus.desy.de/~burow/cfortran/

which works very nicely for GCC and g77.  And then see one of the many
references for "row major" (C) versus "column major" (Fortran) layout
such as:

  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gsl-discuss/2000/msg00425.html

Ed

--