help, why I cannot use graphical interface of remote workstation?

Bernard Lheureux bernard.lheureux at bbsoft4.org
Fri Nov 12 15:45:36 UTC 2004

Xu Hengyi wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Fist I  apologize for my bad english.
Not so bad... ;-)
> I use the Fedora Core3.  I want to use the graphical interface of
> remote workstation. I do as following:
>
> 1) In my computer: xhost +
> 2) I use ssh command to connect the remote workstation
Maybe you could check if your /etc/ssh/ssh_config (on the remote
worksation) has ForwardX11 set to yes and if /etc/ssh/sshd_config (on
the X server) has X11Forwarding set to yes and the # removed in front of
this line
>    I use the command like: setenv DISPLAY xxx.xxx.xx.xx(my IP):0.0
Rather, try "export DISPLAY xxx.xxx.xx.xx(your remote IP):0.0"

 M$-Internet Exploder est le cancer de l'Internet, voyez pourquoi ici :
 http://www.aful.org/publi/articles/msie_et_la_securite/index_html/view