do I need SELinux?

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Fri Nov 12 16:02:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:54:06 -0500, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

>SELinux is only available on fresh installs.
>
>You can get it running on your machine but it will take a few steps.
>
>Dan

The FAQ seems to be silent on installed SELinux on a non-SE system.  At
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/index.html#id3522097, it talks
about the installer "handling" it. Do I have to go back to the CDs and
re-upgrade?

In reading the FAQ, it talks about the firewall config dialog.  Do I have to
use FC3's firewall conigurator or can I continue to use Guarddog to configure
IPTables?

Step 1 in the FAQ is

#

Edit /etc/selinux/config and change the type of policy to
SELINUXTYPE=policyname.

What should "policyname" be?
--
  Steve