Evolution POP - deleting messages when emptying trash.

Ken Shaffer comancheguy at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 16:23:45 UTC 2004

I know that this is off topic, but I have spent hours trying to RTFM and
this is stopping me from killing my windows PC for good.

I am trying to use evolution, but I have POP mail only from several sources.
I need to read mail from many machines, so I leave mail on server with
outlook and
set "delete when removed from deleted items".   I can leave mail on server
with evolution 1.4 or 2.x.  But how can I ever delete messages after I trash
them.  I have seen a few references to this issue as being "discussed and
dead".  But, I can't find any more info.

I can't suck the mail to my Linux Box using fetchmail or such because I need
to get it from everywhere and I don't want to setup an IMAP server, static
DNS, a domain, etc etc.  I CAN do all these things, as I have done it all,
but I have better things to do with my time.

What is the best solution to this?  How does everyone else do it with
Fedora/redhat?  Why is evolution not supporting this?  I get the impression
that it is a religious issue, but I don't know why.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken