Evolution Bug

Temlakos temlakos at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 19:18:42 UTC 2004

To D. Malcolm:

Well, I found a bug just like this in Red Hat's Bugzilla DB, that
apparently had a spurious resolution with a glibc upgrade. Per your
advice, I generated another BugBuddy stack trace and shot it to your
account at Red Hat as an attachment to Bug #129527--this after trying to
submit it to Gnome and having them punt (that is to say, duck) the issue
themselves.

Yes, I know: part of using free software (as in "freely
redistributable") is reporting bugs. But reporting bugs does no good
when people say, "I'm not responsible!" like the Nuremberg defendants.
*Somebody* has to step forward and assume responsibility when one
program's upgrade breaks another. Linus Torvalds owned up to breaking
cdrecord with Kernel 2.8, for example.

Frankly, I don't care *who* is reponsible or culpable. All I know is
that Evolution is broken and unusable to me and I want it fixed.

Temlakos