listen to music

joe udder a2600 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 12 23:33:09 UTC 2004

Hi.

I am a new user of Fedora Core 3 Amd64, and it is quite nice.
But I have a small problem, I can't play my mp3's in the
"RhythmBox"-application, because it complains about missing plugins?

I tried to install additional plugins for GStreamer via the
"Yum"-application but it still won't recognize my mp3's.
I looked around on http://fedora.redhat.com/ for any notes on this but found
nothing about mp3.
Later however I saw something on a site named "livna.org" about support for
mp3's are removed from Fedora?
I tried searching via google for rpm-packages which gives mp3-support, but I
could not find any matching my GStreamer version or my platform (x86_64).

Anyone have an advice on what I should do to play my mp3's?
Download GStreamer and build from start?
Change distro?

Thanks for any help.