listen to music

alan alan at clueserver.org
Sat Nov 13 01:24:48 UTC 2004

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, joe udder wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am a new user of Fedora Core 3 Amd64, and it is quite nice.
> But I have a small problem, I can't play my mp3's in the
> "RhythmBox"-application, because it complains about missing plugins?
>
> I tried to install additional plugins for GStreamer via the
> "Yum"-application but it still won't recognize my mp3's.
> I looked around on http://fedora.redhat.com/ for any notes on this but found
> nothing about mp3.
> Later however I saw something on a site named "livna.org" about support for
> mp3's are removed from Fedora?
> I tried searching via google for rpm-packages which gives mp3-support, but I
> could not find any matching my GStreamer version or my platform (x86_64).
>
> Anyone have an advice on what I should do to play my mp3's?
> Download GStreamer and build from start?
> Change distro?

Add in the Freshrpms archive into yum.conf and install all the xmms
packages from there.  They have packages for x86_64.  (I have an HP
zv5000z laptop with an amd64 3700+.)

[freshrpms]
name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - freshrpms
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.