Media Check issue with Disc 2 and 3...on fc3

Kyle kylepablo at berkeley.edu
Sat Nov 13 05:18:51 UTC 2004

Hello,

I burned the whole 4 CD set of fc3 and the first time it was burned on
memorex CD's and the second time on TDK CD's.  The first time disc  2
and 3 failed on media checks but the md5sums checked out ok.  Second
time, on TDK CD's, disc 2 and 3 failed too and the md5sums
matched...Disc 2 would go from 44 percent check straight to 100 percent
and FAIL.  Disc 3 would fail too in a similar way.  I burned them using
k3b, cdrecord...I noticed that the file size is not the same as the
ISO's I downloaded for disc 2 and 3. Also when I choose the "verify
data" option in k3b, it would fail after the verifying the data. I
downloaded the whole thing via bitorrent.  I have a very fast
connection so my bitorrent download of 2.3 gigabytes was done in one
hour plus 15 mins or so.

I don't understand why this is happening, I have used padding and I have
burned at slow speeds.  Oh I am burning onto CD-R's. Any feedback would
be great.  Should I just buy the set from cheapbytes? Are they good, not
corrupt CD's?

Death tool: 12 Memorex CD's; 4 TDK CD's....

Kyle