FC3 Dual Boot Problem

Javier Perez pepebuho at pananet.com
Sat Nov 13 09:13:12 UTC 2004

Hi
I installed FC3 and now I cannot Dual Boot my Win2K machine (again! It
happened to me also with FC2)

Foreseeing this problem, I told the installer not to write a Bootloader.
The old one was working fine and I understood that the installer would
not touch it. Alas, When I rebooted, there was not Bootloader anywhere.
I dutifully recreated menu.lst and execute grub-install /dev/hda from
the rescue CD.

It worked, now I can load Linux, but I cannot load Windows2K.
I get a blue Screen with a STOP error: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

The way I see it, it just a matter of grub somehow hitting the partition
of Win2K. It was on /dev/hda3, and it still is there

What should I modify in Grub to Dual Boot again? I tried the map
substitution trick and it did not work.

Javier