Adaptec SCSI RAID Problems

David Uzzell fedora-list at uzzell.com.au
Sat Nov 13 11:24:40 UTC 2004

Just tring to install C3 on a server. Having challanges getting it to
recognise the SCSI RAID5 Array.

It is a Tyan S2518UGN motherboard with Dual PIII´s 1.4GHz and 3.5Gb of
Ram with 3 x 36Gb SCSI HDD´s and 2 x 40Gb ide HDD´s.

It is running an Adaptec AIC-7899W SCSI Controler onboard with a
Zero-Channel RAID 2000S Controler Card installed controling the raid.

I have created the raid array in the Raid controler so that is all
working correctly and I have tested the server and it can see the RAID
array using RH E3.0 or RH9 but using Fedora C3 it only sees the IDE HDD´s.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why? and how to solve the problem so
that I can get Fedora to run and play on this equipment.

Thanks

David