FC2 --> FC3 : XINE problem

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sat Nov 13 15:02:05 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 14:54 +0100, LANDEAU Sebastien wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I have updated my system from Fedora Core 2 to Fedora Core 3.
> Many tools doesn't work for now, for example xine. The library curl (libcurl.so.2)is
> missing, but can't install it due to a heavy dependencies tree.
>
> Does somebody have an idea or advice to make Xine work properly on FC3 ?
>
> Thank's a lot.

Upgrade via anaconda or yum?  Have you updated with the 3rd party
repositories in your yum configs?  You probably have a mix of FC2/FC3
packages, particularly with an anaconda upgrade which knows nothing
about "outside" repositories.  Run the following and look for packages
after fedora-logos (at least on my system - YMMV):

rpm -qa --qf "%{INSTALLTIME} %{NAME} %{VERSION} %{RELEASE}\n" | \
sort -r  >RPMS_by_Install_Time

Example from my freshly installed system:

$ cat bin/List_RPMS_by_Install_Time
#!/bin/bash
rpm -qa --qf "%{INSTALLTIME} %{NAME} %{VERSION} %{RELEASE}\n" | \
sort -r  >RPMS_by_Install_Time
$ List_RPMS_by_Install_Time
$ tail RPMS_by_Install_Time
1099162354 glibc-common 2.3.3 74
1099162313 tzdata 2004e 2
1099162308 termcap 5.4 3
1099162307 filesystem 2.3.0 1
1099162307 basesystem 8.0 4
1099162306 setup 2.5.36 1
1099162306 rootfiles 8 1
1099162305 libgcc 3.4.2 6.fc3
1099162305 hwdata 0.145 1
1099162304 fedora-logos 1.1.29 1

Old packages will show up at the end of the list.  Update or remove
them.

$ rpm -q xine
xine-0.99.2-1.1.fc3.fr

$ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/freshrpms.repo