Adaptec SCSI RAID Problems

Eric Wagar eric at deadhookers.org
Sat Nov 13 15:23:54 UTC 2004

> Just tring to install C3 on a server. Having
> challanges getting it to
> recognise the SCSI RAID5 Array.
>
> It is a Tyan S2518UGN motherboard with Dual PIII´s
> 1.4GHz and 3.5Gb of
> Ram with 3 x 36Gb SCSI HDD´s and 2 x 40Gb ide HDD´s.
>
> It is running an Adaptec AIC-7899W SCSI Controler
> onboard with a
> Zero-Channel RAID 2000S Controler Card installed
> controling the raid.
>
> I have created the raid array in the Raid controler
> so that is all
> working correctly and I have tested the server and
> it can see the RAID
> array using RH E3.0 or RH9 but using Fedora C3 it
> only sees the IDE HDD´s.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to why? and how to
> solve the problem so
> that I can get Fedora to run and play on this
> equipment.

I tried installing FC on my new system, which has a
similiar config.

After much wrangling, I kept the system at RH9,
because I fould out that Adaptec did not port their
drivers to the latest releases of the kernel (2.6+).

After finding that out, I learned that the 2.4 kernels
worked, which is what RH9 and the Enterprise line
uses.

eric

PS  If that has changed, then there is a great reason
for me to upgrade.  :)