Problems installing rpms in FC3

mtwildman at comcast.net mtwildman at comcast.net
Sat Nov 13 15:25:38 UTC 2004

Whenever I double click an rpm file (in KDE or GNOME) the package management gui comes up but it stops loading during start-up - when its attempting to locate the installation tree. An error message pops-up:
 "INSTALLATION TREE NOT FOUND
The path /media/cdrecorder does not look like a valid installation source."
I don't see anyone I can change it to not look at the cdrecorder drive. I even inserted one of the Fedora Core Installation CDs and then rebooted package manager but I still get the same message. I can install rpms easily through up2date - I just can't install packages I downloaded myself (i.e.  ati driver, thunderbird) Any one know a solution?