RealPlayer10GOLD installation

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sat Nov 13 16:45:10 UTC 2004

MS> Me neither, but why not use the RPM?  It installed flawlessly for
MS> me (in /usr/local/RealPlayer), works great.

That RPM is crap.  It stuff things in /usr/local which is supposed to
be off-limits for RPMS and happens to be an autofs mount point for me.
It copies files all over the place in %post that don't show up as
being owned by the RPM, and it generally does things it's not supposed
to.

I wrote something to unpack the stock RPM and pack up a new RPM that
installs properly.  Or at least sort-or-properly; I don't pretend to
know much about what I'm doing but it seems to work fine and doesn't
crap all over my systems.

If anyone wants the .spec file, just let me know.

 - J<