md5sum of cd-image

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Nov 13 18:05:35 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 13.11.2004 schrieb Dennis Bjorklund um 15:42:

> > >   dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=2k | md5sum
> > >
> > > to check the md5sum after you have burned the cd. I've tried to burn the
> > > cd's in different ways using cdrecord (different pad-size) but no matter
> > > what, I get a I/O-error in the end and a sum that is correct.
> >
> > That's OK; you get the I/O error when dd attempts to read past the end
> > of the data on the CD. The md5sum is good, so the CD is too.
>
> Except that the md5sum is not good.
>
> The iso I downloaded have the correct checksum, but the above command does
> not give the correct checksum on my burned cds.

> /Dennis Björklund

The fact is known. For md5sum checking you could temporarily enable the
ide-scsi driver. See other postings from the last couple of days here on
the list in the archive.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 19:05:25 up 24 days, 16:44, load average: 0.12, 0.32, 0.29