Beginner questiions

Mezei Zoltan mz269 at hszk.bme.hu
Sat Nov 13 19:20:55 UTC 2004

Hi!

I manage a small number of server (oracle, mysql, postgresql, apache,
pure-ftpd, firewall, postfix, squid, bind) with RHEL installed on them.
However the licenses will finish in 2 months and now I find a
replacement for the distribution.

My questions are:
1. Will fedora core 3 run oracle flawlessly? Yes, I know there is no
oracle support if I use fedora but a perfect working is enough for me.
2. Are the above listed software available in fedora?
3. How can I migrate my existing systems from RHEL to fedora? Can I do
it without uninstalling?
4. I have a HA cluster set up. Is there a HA cluster soltuion in fedora too?

If I could do these I would have some more specific questions :-)
--
Zizi