Belkin Switches and Erratic PS2 Mouse

Greg Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Nov 13 20:17:26 UTC 2004

> psmouse.proto=imps
> psmouse.proto=bare
> psmouse.proto=exps
>
> I could not get FC2 to boot using these qualifiers; I obtained "Error 27" by the
boot
> grub loader in each case.

Ah yes, this problem with KVM switches is well known.  Most of the time
adding the psmouse options as described above seems to fix it for most
systems.

There was a thread several months ago where someone mentioned a test
mouse driver that was an attempt to fix this problem.  If you can find
that thread or find the bugzilla report suggesting this alternate mouse
driver maybe that would help.  Hopefully if that testing went as
expected it is part of FC3 now but I don't know if that happened or not.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure what I did the first time I tried the psmouse qualifers, but I tried
them again and was able to get an improvement with 'psmouse.proto=bare' appended to
the kernel line.  The use of the other two made no difference in the symptoms.  The
'bare' switch looses the ability to use the mouse wheel, but at least I do not have
to reboot to use the gui.

I have downloaded the kernel-doc package and am going to take a look at 'psmouse' to
see if there are other switches that can be used.

In the mean time if you have other suggestions or any from others I would appreciate
it.

Thanks,

Greg