Configuring gnome panels from the command line

Chris Clarke chrisjohn.clarke at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 20:41:51 UTC 2004

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:55:14 -0500, Chris Clarke
<chrisjohn.clarke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     Wondering if any one knew how to configue the gnome panels, is it
> in a config file somewhere?  I've got twinview working on my computer
> and have a TV attached as a second monitor.  I use it to run mythTV
> (an awesome program btw) but there is a panel across the bottom of the
> tv, so I just really want to eliminate that panel entirely.
>
> TIA,
>
> Chris

Well I'll tell you how not to do it !?!$#@!#  :)

I tried removing folders under .gconf/apps/panel/default they seemed
to match what was appearing on the screen.  I deleted the folder
clock_screen1 which got rid of the clock after logging back in.
Thinking I was on the right track I deleted the rest of the "_screen1"
folders, after loggin back in I've now got two "bars/panels" across
the bottom with one full of all the orginal icons but doubled up, 2
web launchers, 2 open office, etc...

Chris