FC3 missing KDE menu items

Danny Ciarniello Dan_Ciarniello at telus.net
Sat Nov 13 21:12:20 UTC 2004

I just upgraded to from FC2 to FC3.  Unsurprisingly, there were a few
issues that I had to deal with but one in particular has got me a bit
annoyed.  All the editors on the menu have disappeared.  No KWrite, no
simple text editor, no emacs, nothing.  I'm wondering:  Is this a bug?
If not, was it intentionally done by the Fedora development team?  If
so, why the heck would they do that?  If not, was it intentionally done
by the KDE development team in going from KDE 3.2 to KDE 3.3?  Again, if
so, why the heck would they do that?  It really makes no sense to remove
editors from the menus.

In any case, the real question is, is there any way to add these items
to the menu globally?  I realize that I could use kmenuedit (assuming
that it actually works now) but that would require configuring each user
individually.  I want to setup these items for all users at once.

Thanks,
Dan.