Cron Problem FC 3 ?

Craig Goodyear craig48 at swbell.net
Sat Nov 13 23:23:31 UTC 2004

I have installed Fedora Core 3 without any problems.  I have added 2
tasks that run once a week to cron using crontab.  Ever since the cron
additions, I have received the following messages at 1 minute and 1
second past each hour in /var/log/messages:

Nov 13 17:01:01 itox crond(pam_unix)[4116]: session opened for user root
by (uid=0)
Nov 13 17:01:01 itox crond(pam_unix)[4116]: session closed for user root

There are no entries in /etc/cron.hourly.  I have not seen this problem
with either Core 1 or Core 2.

Does anyone know what could be causing these root sessions to open or
where to look for a solution?

Craig