Problem with NVIDIA & FC2

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Nov 13 23:29:24 UTC 2004

Am So, den 14.11.2004 schrieb Rick Bilonick um 0:00:

> I tried the suggestions for the fonts but neither worked. I noticed that
> I had switched back to the vesa driver so I changed it back to nvidia.
> However, X will still not start. Here are the messages I get:
>
>  From /var/log/Xorg.0.log:

> (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module!
> (EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***
> (II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
> (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

The nvidia module is not there, at least not loaded.

> Output from startx:

> (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module!
> (EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***
> (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Same error message.

> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "nVidia Corporation|Vanta [NV6]"
>         Driver      "nvidia"
>         BoardName   "VESA driver (generic)"
>         VideoRam    131072
> EndSection

The nvidia driver is set up but the system can not use the driver
module. Reinstall the nvidia driver.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 00:29:18 up 24 days, 22:08, load average: 0.98, 0.73, 0.53