Wireless out of the box

Aaron Schlaegel 777tahder at schlaegel.com
Sun Nov 14 06:58:19 UTC 2004

Gordon Charrick wrote:
> Can anyone list some PCI 802.11g cards that work with FC2/3 out of the
> box?...

Here is an alternative to PCI. I recommend using a wired ethernet to WIFI bridge. They are relatively cheap, do not require any of your CPU, and work out of the box.

I bought a WRT54G, the wireless swiss-army-knife, for about $50 US. It plugs into the ethernet jack that all modern systems include.

I then uploaded the latest GPL Sveasoft firmware to the WRT54G. With the new firmware, I put the WRT54G in client mode.

 From now on, no matter what operating system I use, it just works. There are NO drivers to worry about.