NetworkManager (Was Wifi manager for FC3)

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Nov 14 13:15:48 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 20:04 -0500, Frank wrote:
> > You might also want to have a look at NetworkManager (and
> > NetworkManager-gnome), both of which are FC3 standard packages.
> >
> > http://people.redhat.com/dcbw/NetworkManager/
> >
> > Paul.
>
> The application described on that page sounds terrific, and I can see
> that it is installed with FC3.  Unfortunately I can't see how to start
> the oictured application.  What man page should I look at, or what
> command should I type?

I'm not using it myself so I can only guess.

$ rpm -qlp NetworkManager-gnome-0.3.1-3.i386.rpm | grep bin
/usr/bin/NetworkManagerInfo

I'd start with that. If that doesn't work, check out the documentation
in /usr/share/doc/NetworkManager*

There may also be a service that needs starting:

chkconfig NetworkManager on
service NetworkManager start

Paul.
--