nvidia fedora 3

Danny Ciarniello Dan_Ciarniello at telus.net
Sun Nov 14 17:17:13 UTC 2004

Quy NGUYEN DAI wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:16:55 -0800, Danny Ciarniello
><dan_ciarniello at telus.net> wrote:
>

>>The latest driver worked just fine for me (I have an old GeForce 2).
>>Just follow these instructions:
>>
>>http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26260&highlight=nvidia
>>
>>particularly step 11.
>>

>I run 1.0-6629 driver for my GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X on FC3, but
>not with FC3's kernel. I use vanilla 2.6.9 from kernel.org instead and
>I not need do step 11 at all. All works well here:
>
>$ cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status
>Driver:          AGPGART
>AGP Rate:        8x
>Fast Writes:     Enabled
>SBA:             Enabled

Does X start when you reboot your system?  Apparently, the nvidia device
drivers are not automatically created in /dev at boot time so they are
not available when X tries to start (at least not on my system).
Placing copies of the drivers in /etc/udev/devices tells the udev system
to create the drivers in /dev so that they are available when X starts.

Dan.