Dual Boot issues FC3 "NTLDR is missing"

Justin Georgeson justin.georgeson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 17:38:27 UTC 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:07:56 +0000, KIMARIO FAWKES
<bahama_fox at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Last nite installed FC3  into my second unformatted hard drive (hdb) and
> install grub on (hda1) now when i try to load XP i get a "NTLDR is missing"
> any ideas as to what i should do? get xp back

I think the problem is you installed grub to /dev/hda1 instead of
/dev/hda (the MBR). From linux, you can run 'grub-install /dev/hda' to
put it on the MBR where I think you meant to put it. Don't forget to
change that in /boot/grub/menu.lst too.

> my personal thought  was to goin though my recovery console for window and
> try and repair the mbr, but
> afraid i my mess up FC3 because it is work perfectly
>
> The actual screens says:
>
> Booting 'Windows XP'
> rootnverify (hd0,0)
> chainloader
> NTLDR is missing

You can boot off the XP CD and run 'fixboot c:' to restore those files.

--
; Justin Georgeson
; "Free the mallocs, delete the news"