FC3 boot problem

Mustafa Orkun moblinux at myrealbox.com
Sun Nov 14 19:16:15 UTC 2004

Justin Georgeson yazmış:

> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:14:22 +0200, Mustafa Orkun
> <moblinux at myrealbox.com> wrote:
>

>> Well people.can't anyone really help me?
>> i have posted the problem several times.but no one has replied.
>> my problem is after installing FC3 (and could achieve the mediacheck
>> with the "linux ide=nodma" command) GRUB failed to boot.and after i
>> rewrote the mbr with WinXp cd.and can now use Xp.
>>

> what happens when you try to boot linux?
>

>> my grub.conf file is like that:
>>

> that looked pretty standard to me.

well,i don't really remember what exactly was written,but there were one
or two lines, no graphical interface and some version what can't i
remember(it was 2 i think and then became 1.5 after i rewrote GRUB with
the rescue cd) and it freezed.after i could reach xp,partition magic
refused to open complaining about partition tables.(sorry i retried
opening while writing this mail and it opened)Well i don't want to use
any other programs rather than grub and could boot with it while using
FC2.anyway i will try to install grub again and will see if everything
goes well.if not,i will post again here.
thanks for all replies and for your interest..