Telinit Problem

Carl Lucas clucas at adelphia.net
Sun Nov 14 22:59:17 UTC 2004

I wanted to install the nvidia video driver and have been flummoxed in
the first step!!

I log in as "Root" and then open a terminal. I enter "telinit 3" and am
greeted with a blank sreen. I press a key and there are 4 lines and then
nothing. I have to reboot to get out of it. Here are the lines:

starting
pcmcia:                                                          [ok]
starting irqbalance:
[ok]
starting automount: no mounpoints defined:               [ok]
starting
anacron:                                                         [ok]

I realize these are the steps that occur when booting but why does it stop?