fedora 3 upgrade: httpd won't start

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Mon Nov 15 02:12:29 UTC 2004

rado wrote:

>Upgrade from FC2 to FC3 everything else seems fine until the following:
>
>Nov 13 20:14:29 rbmain httpd: Syntax error on line
>of /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf:
>Nov 13 20:14:29 rbmain httpd: Cannot
>load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_authz_svn.so into
>server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_authz_svn.so: undefined symbol:
>svn_config__enumerate_sections
>Nov 13 20:14:29 rbmain httpd: httpd startup failed

shrek-m wrote:

is there a *.rpmnew-file ?

# ls /etc/httpd/conf.d/

# locate mod_authz_svn
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_authz_svn.so
/usr/share/doc/subversion-1.1.0/mod_authz_svn-INSTALL

--------
# cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf

LoadModule dav_svn_module     modules/mod_dav_svn.so
LoadModule authz_svn_module   modules/mod_authz_svn.so

#
# Example configuration to enable HTTP access for a Subversion
# repository, "/home/svnroot".  This repository must be readable
# and writable by the 'apache' user.
#

#<Location /svn/repos>
#   DAV svn
#   SVNPath /home/svnroot
#
#   # Limit write permission to list of valid users.
#   <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
#      # Require SSL connection for password protection.
#      # SSLRequireSSL
#
#      AuthType Basic
#      AuthName "Authorization Realm"
#      AuthUserFile /path/to/passwdfile
#      Require valid-user
#   </LimitExcept>
#</Location>
----/----

--
shrek-m

wow shrek! your reply was great...might take me awhile here because of
work load and time to work on my sys but I am kinda new here and until
tonite...didn't know what rpmnew and rpmsave were about but I do know
now and y'all are tryin to make me a good sys admin...not only do I have
this one rpmnew to contend w/in httpd but about 20 other and time is
arggggg...just wanted to let you know that is is sure appreciated and in
time I will get this done and will be correct....thx man!