Inconsistency in FC3 terminfo source

Daniel Tschan tschan+fedora at devzone.ch
Mon Nov 15 12:32:13 UTC 2004

Hi Rahul

> looks like a outdated comment. are you affected in anyway?. if its
> just misleading you can still file a bug @ bugzilla.redhat.com
I'm not sure whether it's a bug or I just don't see the right way. I try
to configure a terminal emulator (e.g. gnome-terminal, konsole, mlterm) so
that it behaves the same way whether I work locally or am logged into a
remote maschine running Fedora Core 2 or an older system. Since the xterm
definition changed in Fedore Core 3 I was looking for another terminal
definition that I can set my terminal emulators to. I tried xterm-r6 since
you can configure most emulators to be compatible with that. But then I
noticed that khome/kend are missing in xterm-r6 on Fedora Core 3. I just
saw that there are other differences. On Fedora Core 3 kdch1 is \E[3~
while on older systems it's \177. I can understand that the definition of
xterm changes, but xterm-r6 is xterm-r6, no? At least konsole does not
agree with the definition of xterm-r6 on Fedora Core 3.

Thanks and regards
  Daniel