invalid cd device (fc3)

John Morrison jmorrison at snspix.com
Mon Nov 15 14:07:01 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am unable to use gnome-cd and get an error window indicating that the
device it is set to use is wrong. I have tried changing it from /dev/hdc
to /media/cdrom and /mnt/cdrom, but the problem still persists.
Audio CD's are also mounted but shown on the desktop as  a CD-Rom disc.
It's a bit strange as it was working OK after the initial install and
the first up2date.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
--