xine/mplayer with FC3

Alexander Appel alexander at caput.org
Mon Nov 15 17:23:31 UTC 2004

Am Montag, den 15.11.2004, 09:54 +0100 schrieb Christian Hauser:
> > What repositories are you currently using?
> > I personally recommend rpm.livna.org - add all three of theirs.
>
> Yeah, I'm using those.
>
> > You still may end up with some unresolved dependencies though, because
> > rpm.livna.org depends upon fedora.us extras - which has not been
> > populated yet.
>
> This is exactly my problem. I need some libraries from fedora.us and
> they're not yet there. However, I can easily wait for some more days.

As the livna.org webpage states:

"Instead of waiting for the fedora.us rebuild to complete, we have
decided to rebuild our packages using the fedora.us packages for Fedora
Core 2, whenever this is possible. As a result of this, you will have to
include the fedora.us repository for Fedora Core 2 in your apt, yum or
up2date configuration if you plan to use our Fedora Core 3 packages."

You just have to add the Fedora.US repositories for Fedora Core 2 and
the xine install should work.

Greetings,
Alexander