dvd+rw blanking

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 16 04:32:24 UTC 2004

Hi,
   I use a pioneer DVR 108 dvd burner (dual layer) and I can not blank a
+rw with
 xcdroast or cdrecord,as root I get in FC3 xcdroast

"cdrecord.prodvd: Cannot blank with non Ricoh based drive.
cdrecord.prodvd: Cannot blank disk, aborting.
cdrecord.prodvd: Some drives do not support all blank types.
cdrecord.prodvd: Try again with cdrecord blank=all"

In # 'cdrecord blank=all'  I get

sg.c    1.83 04/05/20 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'PIONEER '
Identifikation : 'DVD-RW  DVR-108 '
Revision       : '1.06'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
cdrecord: Found DVD media: using cdr_mdvd.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc DVD-R(W) driver (mmc_mdvd).
Driver flags   : SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: PACKET SAO
scsi_set_streaming
Speed set to 3324 KB/s
Starting to write CD/DVD at speed   2.0 in real BLANK mode for single
session.
Last chance to quit, starting real write    0 seconds. Operation starts.
cdrecord: OPC failed.
Error: this media does not support blanking, ignoring.
This drive or media does not support the 'BLANK media' command
cdrecord: Cannot blank disk, aborting.

Looking at that its saying the drive is only a dvd-rw when it is a +rw
having burnt
a FC3-t3 Iso to a +rw.

  Thanks    david