Again problems I meet when install TNT2 driver given by nvidia

Kevin Freeman kfreem02 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 16 06:26:51 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 11:54 +0800, Sun Yan-peng-A17749 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed Fedora 3 in my computer (P3 733, 384M, TNT2 pro 32M GPU).
>
> When the nVidia logo comes, I move the mouse in the screen, the mouse
> moves smoothly. But when it comes to the gnome splash, again I move
> the mouse, but I can see the mouse track on the screen. If I continue
> to move, all the screen is displayed with the track of the mouse, and
> the gnome can NOT be displayed.

Nvidia's driver 6629 is broken on TNT2 and a few GF4 cards.  You have to
use a patched version of the 6111 driver.  The list archives should have
a link to the patched drivers.

> When I compile the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1.run, it said there
> is rivafb module in my computer, does that impact?

This is just a warning, nothing to do with the problem you are having.
FC kernels include the rivafb module by default, but the module does not
get loaded in a default install.  Just ignore the warning.

Kevin Freeman