Conversion of mpeg, avi, etc. to VCD format

A. Lanza alf at lanza-ti.com
Tue Nov 16 07:55:52 UTC 2004

Thanks for your notes, Ulrich.

I run transcode and then mplex but got an error like this:

>**ERROR: [mplex] Need to split output but there appears to be no %d >in
the filename pattern movie.mpg

where movie.mpg is the output file desired.

It says that it needs to split output. Could it be that the file is too
large? I used the option -S 700 to have the movie in one single CD. But
the two m2v and mpa files togheter are larger than that :(

My goal is to get an entire movie into a single vcd, but my avi file is
about 735 MB in size. Is it possible to do that? Is it possible to split
the movie and save it in two CDs?

Thanks in advance,

Alf