FC3: Promise SATA controller problem

duke3000 at bluewin.ch duke3000 at bluewin.ch
Tue Nov 16 10:07:49 UTC 2004

Hello

I habe a Western Digital hard disk on a Promise SATA150 tx2plus SATA controller.
I can see the hd in the hardware browser, the filesystem is ext3. Error message
was like: wrong fs, no super blocks or too many fs'es mounted (I just write
that from memory)
I tried to install the driver from promise, but I could't build it. (many
errors)
I have the module sata_promise loaded, shouldn't it work with this module?
At boot up, it reports the SATA controller as unknown mass storage contoller
+ the chip number.
I have kernel 2.6.9.667smp, is there any rpm i can get of the driver?

thanks for your help.