subversion-server rpm

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Nov 16 13:10:17 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 16.11.2004 schrieb craigb at ati-uk.com um 13:59:

> using: fc3 with latest updates
>
> i am trying to setup a subversion repository, served through apache using
> mod_dav_svn.so. however, the subversion rpm that comes with the distribution
> doesn't have the aforementioned library in it. i've seen the rpm around in
> other places, usually called subversion-server.

Wrong.

> a few questions if i may:
>
> * why does the distribution come with subversion, but not the dav server?
> * does anyone know how i can get it/install it?

You are wrong. Install mod_dav_svn-1.1.0-5.i386.rpm which comes along
with the Core packages.

$ rpm -qpl mod_dav_svn-1.1.0-5.i386.rpm
/etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_authz_svn.so
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_dav_svn.so

> * and finally, being a bit of a newbie i love the whole "yum update" thing
> giving me the latest and greatest. if i install someone else's rpm to get
> the missing library, does that mean i disqualify myself from automatic
> future updates of subversion?

No, besides what you think is necessary isn't, using "yum update" you
will always get the latest (latest by version number and epoch) RPM.

> craig

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 14:10:15 up 27 days, 11:49, load average: 0.14, 0.50, 0.35