Can't turn off selinux

Chris Hewitt fedlist at manordata.uklinux.net
Tue Nov 16 15:56:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 02:50, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:12:27 -0500, Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The "Security Level" gui won't launch, so I tried
> > "system-config-securitylevel" from the command line and got a stack
> > trace that ends with
> >
> > File "/usr/share/system-config-securitylevel/selinuxPage.py", line
> > 418, in loadBooleans
> >   on=rec[3]=="1"
> > IndexError: list index out of
>
> there are some recent updates for selinux. try updating your machine
> and check whether this is reproducuble

Paul,

Its a known problem with system-config-securitylevel that was posted on
this list around the weekend. If you put part of your error message into
the archives at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&r=1&w=2
you should find some posts.

Basically the version of system-config-securitylevel that you get after
doing a yum update has a bug. There is a fix but it does not seem to
have made its way into the stable releases yet.

To disable SELinux, as root edit /etc/selinux/config and set
SELINUX=disabled and reboot. You will even get
system-config-securitylevel to work again.

HTH
Chris