any best Radeon 9600XT driver substitue for use in amd64?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Nov 16 15:50:35 UTC 2004

kockkin ko wrote:
> I have an Radeon 9600XT card on an amd64 box, and I am using FC3 which
> load a versa driver during installation.  The performance is bad.
>
> Appreciate any one to point out any recommendation on any better or
> best Radeon 96ooXT graphic driver  to be used in amd64?
>
> regards,
>
> kockkin ko

Get a new card was my only solution.  I tried a 9600 and failed to get
it working, even with the ATI drivers.  After ~20 days of fighting
purchased an nVidia card and was up and running, playing Tux racer in
less than 15 minutes.

I also read a review a few weeks ago about problems with ATI cards and
some nVidia based MOB's.

Sorry if this isn't the answer that you were hoping for.

--
Robin Laing