Switching from Apache 1.3 to 2.x and PHP

Eucke Warren euckew at sierraelectronics.com
Tue Nov 16 17:16:35 UTC 2004

Hello All,

I am stumped (no surprise there....sigh).

I have a small php script that processes POST data from a small webpage and
formats it and sends it out on a SMTP transport.  This script worked
previously on a 2.4.x kernel running Apache 1.3.x,  However, on my new FC2
server the PHP doesn't seem to execute correctly.  It does not create the
correct temp file or execute correctly.  I have scanned through the
apache.org docs and googled to try to see if there is something similar to
the issues with making perl scripts run right under apache to no avail.

Is there something similar to .cgi in the way of restrictions for php under
apache?  Anyone been down this road before?  Suggestions?

Thank you ever so much!

-Eucke