problem with vncserver on fc3

Basil Copeland blcjr at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 18:08:01 UTC 2004

--- Joshua Andrews <josh at wavefood.com> wrote:

> Sounds like an old lock on :1.
> Have you tried `vncserver -kill :1`

Yes, I've tried that.  Doesn't work.  Remember, even
though vncserver doesn't start during startup -- it
fails with the error message saying that it is already
running on :1 -- when I run vncserver from a command
prompt on logging in, it starts up on :1!  (Of course,
the "-kill :1" works then.  There's something bogus,
or very odd, going on to produce that error message
during startup, because I can find no evidence of Xvnc
running until I run vncserver from the command prompt
after startup.)

Thanks, though, for the reply.